Oh man how I wish I had pics to share from high school and middle school for these questions!
1. Biggest Middle school fashion mistake. No mistakes! Ha! I remember rocking the flowered jeans, leggings and over-sized shirts the first time they were in style. I am oh so happy neon is back! #thebrighterthebetter
2. Who were your best friends in hs? Pics? My best friends in high school are still my best friends today! Some I have known since elementary school, others since middle school. Or as we called it back then, junior high. (Does that date me?…)
This is most of us out for a dinner to celebrate me! Or at least a girls night out for me when I was in town visiting two summers ago before I decided to move back home just a month later.
3. What was a typical weekend like for you in hs? That would have meant a game of some kind, be it football or basketball. Then probably cruising a very popular road with my girlfriends to meet boys.
4. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends? Tell us about that. I did, though almost never from my own school. I seriously only ever dated one boy from my school. He was a senior varsity jock and I was a freshman cheerleader. So teen movie material! After that it was boys from other schools that I met through friends or while cruising road mentioned above. My longest relationship in HS started when I was a senior with a college boy I worked with. We dated off and on for about four years and actually went out again once several years after that.
5. Did you have any secret codes with your friends? Spill your secrets! No secret codes that I can remember, but I was a sneaky teen. I had a curfew, of course, but I found a way around it. Our house was a reverse story house. My bedroom was on the main level, with my parents on the lower level. I knew my mother didn’t sleep well until I came home, so I would come home, use the bathroom above their bedroom and then go to bed. Or so it would seem. What I would really do was then immediately go out my window and back out with my waiting friends. I did this constantly and my parents were never the wiser. Not once did I get caught. 🙂
6. If you could relive one day/moment/experience from middle school or high school, what would it be? I am drawing a total blank on this one…
UPDATE: I wanted to clarify, as it appears OMG Becky read this post within minutes of me posting it. She now thinks I was a boy-crazy high school girl doing bad things. Only part of that is true. LOL! Sneaking out was really the only bad thing I ever did. And we would just hang out, driving around. All innocent fun.
What do you remember about your high school or middle school days?