Our new house has a few flower beds that have been severely neglected. They are all in need of some serious TLC. OMG Becky has taken it upon herself to clean them up. She started by working on two beds simultaneously. They had many, many, many tree saplings in them that needed pulled out and a few seasons worth of leaves to rake. She was a pro and got that done in a couple of hours.
Next was the fun part. Picking out flowers!
Actually, we started by picking out a Knockout rose bush for each bed. OMG Becky started by digging holes for each bush according to the planting directions.
She was so considerate of the worms she found along the way! She put them in a nice pile so she could bury them when she was done digging.
Then she had to come inside for something. She returned to a sight that confused her. Why were there suddenly so many birds in the flowerbed she had been just digging in?! Yep, you guessed it. The birds had swooped in to take advantage of the worm buffet OMG Becky had set out for them. She felt so bad! 😦
She had been so careful to save them and then the
vultures birds had just helped themselves. Then the birds just sat around a few yards away waiting for the next round of worms to appear. She didn’t let it happen again.
Have I ever told you OMG Becky is not a fan of birds? On more than one occasion, a bird has tried to land on her. Not in a mean way. More like they want to be her friend. It freaks her out! It would probably freak me out, too, but I am usually too busy laughing at her.
Another vote for my mom of the year award! Sad, but true.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Morning: Iced coffee = 12 oz. coffee, plus 1/4 cup coconut creme creamer & 2 packets of Splenda.
- Breakfast: Open face sandwich = whole wheat toast, 1 Laughing Cow garlic & herb wedge, & 1/4 medium avocado.
- Snack: Handful of cherries.
- Lunch: Smoothie: = spinach, frozen banana, 2T PB2, 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk & ice
- Snack: Jolly Time Healthy Pop Kettle Corn
- Dinner: Salad = spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, grapes, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, & 2T Bolthouse Farms salsa ranch dressing
- Evening: Decaf coffee = 12 oz. coffee, plus 1/4 cup Italian sweet creme creamer & 2 packets of Splenda.
- Snack: McDonald’s Twist Cone
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Birds. Friends or foes?
Do you like to garden?