Happy National Donut Day!
There are a few companies giving away free donuts. It doesn’t get any better than that, Friends!
Dunkin’ Donuts: One free donut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage, all day on June 7.
Krispy Kreme: The link lists participating locations in the U.S. and Canada giving out free donuts today—no purchase necessary.
I am doing pretty much the opposite of eating donuts today. I think. (The photo above is an old one.)
My eating has been a little too lax for my liking since my injury. Honestly, it was hard to even think about eating the way I want when I am barely coherent. And that lead to a not so healthy couple of months. I am finally eating the way I want most of the time, but I feel the need to make myself more accountable. And what better way to do that than to post everything I eat here!
Don’t worry I am not about to become one of those bloggers that post a picture of every single thing that goes in my mouth. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it’s not my style. I will however share food pics if I think they are photo-worthy, just as I have in the past. The only difference in my posting with be a list of what I ate at the bottom of each post. Easy enough to scroll past, if you so chose! But if you do chose to read my eats, don’t be surprised to see odd foods at odd times. I am a grazer. I snack all day long. And I have no regard to what time of day it is dictating what type of food I eat. Perfect example is my breakfast below. 🙂
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
What I ate yesterday:
- Morning: iced coffee (=12 oz. coffee, plus 1/4 cup peppermint mocha creamer & 2 packets of Splenda)
- Breakfast: (1/12 of casserole dish) piece of Greek lasagna
- Lunch: Yoplait Greek 100 vanilla yogurt with 1/2 banana mixed in
- Mid-afternoon: open face sandwich = whole wheat toast, 1 Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb wedge, & egg fried in olive oil
- Early evening: cup of cherries
- Dinner: salad = spinach, baby carrots, cucumber, mushrooms, broccoli, grapes, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 2T Bolthouse Farms salsa ranch dressing and 1/12 loaf piece of frozen garlic bread
- Snack: 1 Weight Watchers Toasted Coconut Mini Bar
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
How are you celebrating National Donut Day?