and a couple days late, here is the recipe to the trifle I made for Mother’s Day.
Chocolate Toffee Strawberry Trifle
- 1 (5.1 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package brownie mix for 13×9 pan
- 1 large container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 Heath Bars
- 1# fresh strawberries
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Cool.
- Crush Heath Bars. I found it was easy to do by smacking the bars with a hammer lightly while still in the individual wrappers.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- Cut the brownies into small bize-sized pieces. Place half of the brownies in the bottom of a trifle dish or nice, large, glass bowl.
- Top brownies in trifle dish with half of the pudding, followed by half of the Cool Whip. Next sprinkle one crushed Heath bar on top. You can also add strawberries to this layer or wait to just put them on as a finishing layer (as in the photo above).
- Repeat all layers again. Brownies, pudding, Cool Whip, Heath Bar, strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.