I originally posted my game plan for 2012 back on January 4th. Just a few days late to the party, as usual. I am nothing, if not consistent with my procrastination. 😉
I thought it would be fun to look back and see how I did.
- Run 3 times a week. I did great with this one for the most part. At least until I was in a wreck in August.
- Sign up and complete a few 5Ks. Only got one in.
- Sign up and complete a 10K by mid-summer. Nope.
- Sign up and complete a 10K this fall. No.
- Cross train/fitness class 2 times a week. I love yoga and Pilates classes. Need to do more of them! I would also like to try a new pump class. And maybe spin! I have a gym membership. I need to take full advantage of it. I never did try a spin class or pump. I did get to yoga and Pilates often. Love both of those!
- Follow the Weight Watchers point system. Would like to lose 30 pounds. I did pretty good at following the system, most of the time. But I did reevaluate the number of pounds I wanted to lose. I decided 20 was more what I wanted. I still follow and maintain using the Weight Watchers PointsPlus system.
- Drink less coffee. No more than one cup a day. Preferably from home, not one of the oh-so-convenient drive-thrus found on every corner here in the Pacific NW. I Googled coffee houses near my home. There are 13 within one mile! Seriously, this may be a hard habit to break. But I am on day 4 of only having a cup of coffee at home. Yeah me! I did good on this, too. Until the last month or so. But I have dialed it back this last week!
- Drink more water. Need to get at least 64 oz in each day. I feel better overall when I drink my water. And my skin appreciates it, too! Did good on this one until this last month or so. Do you see the correlation here?…
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruits are super yummy and so portable! I did good on this! My purse always smells like the produce department due to whatever fruit of the day I’m toting around.
Hehe! Just kidding. I think overall, I am pretty okay with how things went for me. I am not really happy with not getting more races or a 10K in. But I can’t really blame myself entirely for that one.
But I do take full responsibility for not trying new classes at the gym. I don’t know why I am such a scaredy cat when it comes to those things. I stress myself out about them forever, then I finally do it, realize I way over thought it, and usually end up enjoying the class. I KNOW this about myself, so why can’t I just dive in?!! Ugh.
I am currently working on my 2013 goals. More on that to come soon!
How did you do on your 2012 goals?