It finally happened! I visited Trader Joe’s for the very first time. I have heard some many great things about it for years, but never lived close to one. When we decided on the location of our staycation, I was thrilled to realize it was close to a Trader Joe’s. I have been wanting to visit it since moving here in September.
I must admit, it was smaller than I had imagined it would be. I was thinking it would be more like Costco-size. Or at the very least, a regular grocery store. Nope. Much smaller. And that’s coming from a gal that most recently lived in a town with a population of less than 20,000.
Not that I am complaining. I loved it! I could have spent hours exploring in there. Too bad I was on a schedule and on my way to somewhere else. I didn’t get to buy any cold items since they would be in the car for a couple of hours on the way home after making another scheduled stop. Next time I will bring cooler so I can really shop!
I let Sassy pick out a treat. Any guesses on what she picked?…
Did you guess Candy Cane Joe Joe’s because you would be correct?!
She cracked them open as soon as we were in the car. I had to ask her to pause just to take this photo! Girl was on a mission to taste them. She picked a good treat! They are really yummy. And even better refrigerated!
The rest of our (small) haul.
- Multigrain Country Bread
- Sweet Potato Bisque
- Spiced Cider (Sampled in store & had to buy!)
- Peanut Butter Puffins
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Pizza Sauce
- Salted Caramel Chai (Surprise for OMG Becky. She loves chai!)
- Cookie Butter (Goodness, that stuff is addicting!)
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Pear (Sassy had to have one. I hope it’s as good as she is used to getting in the Rogue Valley.)
- Garlic Herb Pizza Dough (I have high hopes for this dough! Planning on trying it tomorrow night. Hope the long car ride didn’t ruin it!)
What are your favorite Trader Joe’s items? What should I add to my list for the next visit?