This morning after I got my girls up, made them breakfast and got them on the bus, I headed out on a walk to explore my new/old neighborhood. My girls and I are currently staying with my parents until two things happen. One – I find a job. This is proving to be a very time-consuming process! Two – Buy and remodel a foreclosed house that needs a lot of sweat equity. So until then we are bunking it here, multi-generation style. And it’s not too bad. My parents’ house is roomy with a finished lower level that could be its own apartment/rental.
My parents moved here seven years ago. My younger brother lives in this subdivision, too. He moved in a year or so before them. My cousin lives in the subdivision next to this one. And I actually lived on the same street there as well when I was married to my girls’ father. (But then we downsized and divorced and I moved to the next city over into the subdivision my oldest brother lives in.)
- 12 years ago or so – I moved to Subdivision A
- Couple of years later – Cousin moved to Subdivision A on same street
- Couple of years later – I move to Subdivision B (next city over) where oldest brother lives.
- Following year – Younger brother moves to Subdivision C, next to Subdivision A
- Following year – Parents move to Subdivision C
- 2012 – I am back in Subdivision C, living with the parental units.
You may have noticed after that
clear convoluted paragraph, we like to cluster. It may come as no shock to you, I am looking to find a house in this subdivision or one adjoining. Plus, I want to keep my girls in their current schools. Moving can be so hard on them and I would really like to minimize that as much as possible.
My walk today was winding through six subdivisions looking at properties. I have my eye on a few. Now if I could just find a job!
When was the last time you had to job hunt? How long did it take to find a job? I have been applying for almost eight weeks now.