The HuffPost Healthy Living published a list of the 50 Best Healthy Foods in the World.
I thought it would be fun to see how often I, occasionally or never eat them.
- Almonds. Love them! Always on hand, whole &/or almond butter form.
- Apples. Yum! Almost always in my house.
- Artichoke Hearts. Yes! But since I don’t really cook, I usually only have these in a restaurant.
- Avocado. Would eat them everyday! Have a few times a week.
- Beets. So good! Love them on a salad. But have never had them at home.
- Beans. The magical fruit!
- Bell Peppers. Love them, except for the green. Problem is they make me burp so I avoid them. TMI?
- Blackberries & Raspberries. We have wild blackberries everywhere here. Free fruit!
- Black Tea. Never meet a tea I didn’t like! But I tend to just buy green or white tea.
- Blueberries. Good stuff, but I prefer the dried to fresh.
- Broccoli. Great in small doses. I buy it every few weeks to eat fresh, usually on salads.
- Brown Rice. I am still making the transaction to brown rice. I prefer the taste of white but I know brown is better for me.
- Brussels Sprouts. I think I’ve tried Brussels sprouts once and didn’t like them. Need to try them again!
- Cherries. LOVE them! One of my favorites!
- Chia Seeds. Never had them. Think they may annoy me like sesame seeds. Not sure why.
- Coffee. Usually have a cup every morning. With cream & sugar. Not sure that counts…
- Cranberries. I buy the dried variety for salads.
- Dark Chocolate. Love it, would eat it more often, as in overboard, so I try not to buy a lot of it at once.
- Edamame. Good stuff! I occasionally buy it at Costco, but usually just eat it when dining out.
- Eggs. I get organic, brown eggs from a friend. So flavorful!
- Flax Seed. I buy it ground and add it to all sorts of things, like smoothies and oatmeal.
- Ginger. Can only think of a couple of times I’ve ever had it.
- Greek Yogurt. I am now a huge fan!
- Green Tea. Yes! I have a couple of cups of it almost daily.
- Kale. Shhh! Never had it. Now I will be the outcast in all of Bloggerland…
- Kefir. Never had it. Had to Google it just to see what it was.
- Lentils. Only had a couple of times.
- Oatmeal. Yum! Have it almost daily.
- Olive Oil. Household staple.
- Oranges. Oh so good!
- Pistachios. One of my favorites!
- Pomegranate. Yes! Prefer the dried variety on salads.
- Potatoes. Household staple. So many options!
- Quinoa. Good stuff! Need to learn to make it at home.
- Red Wine. Not a real fan of it. Prefer sweeter wines.
- Salmon. Nope, no meat for me.
- Sardines. Nope, no meat for me.
- Seaweed. Usually only on sushi. I have had it dried a few times. Not a fan.
- Shiitake Mushrooms. All mushrooms are good mushrooms!
- Skim Milk. I don’t drink cow’s milk.
- Spinach. Household staple! Eat it in salads, omelets, smoothies.
- Strawberries. So good! Love when they are on sale.
- Sunflower Sprouts. Only had them out at restaurants before.
- Sweet Potatoes. Favorite! I have them a couple of times a week!
- Tomatoes. Are okay and I much prefer them raw vs. cooked.
- Turmeric. Not sure I’ve had it. Maybe in some Indian food, which I love?
- Tuna. Nope, no meat for me.
- Walnuts. Yes, please! I like to bake with them and eat them on salads.
- Water. All day, everyday!
- White Tea. Yum!
And my score…
- 26 often
- 13 occasionally
- 11 never
I’m pretty happy with those results. Now it’s your turn!
What’s your healthy food score?