I made my declaration to get healthier earlier this week. How do I plan to go about this new healthier lifestyle? Being the organized freak I am, I need a game plan.
- Run 3 times a week.
- Sign up and complete a few 5Ks.
- Sign up and complete a 10K by mid-summer.
- Sign up and complete a 10K this fall.
- Cross train/fitness class 2 times a week. I love yoga and Pilates classes. Need to do more of them! I would also like to try a new pump class. And maybe spin! I have a gym membership. I need to take full advantage of it.
- Follow the Weight Watchers point system. Would like to lose 30 pounds.
- Drink less coffee. No more than one cup a day. Preferably from home, not one of the oh-so-convenient drive-thrus found on every corner here in the Pacific NW. I Googled coffee houses near my home. There are 13 within one mile! Seriously, this may be a hard habit to break. But I am on day 4 of only having a cup of coffee at home. Yeah me!
- Drink more water. Need to get at least 64 oz in each day. I feel better overall when I drink my water. And my skin appreciates it, too!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruits are super yummy and so portable!
So there it is! My game plan for 2012. I have decided I am not brave enough to post my actual weight and body measurements. Maybe in the future I will edit this post and include them. But for now, I will post my losses and gains each Friday. That’s the important part anyway. Right?…
Wish me luck!